Sunday, April 24, 2011

People like me



normally rainy days tend to bring me into a mindset for writting and reflecting.. But before I slept the other night, I went to bed with the full intend of gallavanting the streets of toronto and going to value village and see if I can cop some gems... so naturally when I woke up to the sound of the rain, I crashed back into my bed, and didn't wake up till noon.
..........


I wish someone wrote a poem for the socially awkward black girl
the alone most of the time but never lonely black girl
the 95% loner and 99% content with self black girl
or the funny but awkward black girl who's learning to love herself
the one who hasn't felt the anger and bitterness towards men..... (..not yet lol).... just some mild frustrations with life's timing sometimes lol

I wish there was a poem for her.

I wish someone would write a poem telling the world that they have stories too.
Ordinary stories that may lack glitter, but are honest. I wish someone would write one so I can be inspired and tell the world or someone, something about myself. that poem will serve as a prototype and reference point to remind myself that I'm not crazy for being comfortable with socializing once every blue moon. That I'm not crazy for being true to myself by remaining a private person... that I'm not crazy for having the values that I do, or sing and rap in the shower to my own beats like I do lol...


I wish a poem like that could be written to remind me everyday that I'm not crazy. To remind me that it's ok to dream, it's ok to just be. it's ok to be broke and exist within that. That it's ok to exist within the awkward part of normalcy...

if there were such a poem I would probably save it on my desktop and remind myself in the solitude of my blank walls and computer screen that somewhere in my lifestyle, there's someone just like you that exists somewhere in the world, wishing they weren't alone in their choices or in their way of thinking... or simply wishing they too weren't alone in this idea of being that kind of black girl.

... I would love to hear a poem and a story about that black girl... and maybe from that black girl.


(strngfrt)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers