Monday, June 7, 2010

Good Morning...

Do you ever have these mornings where the hours before your body caved in into the fatigue it was weeping. For whatever reason, tears came flowing with no disregard for the fact I had work the next day. And so now you wake up with bags under your eyes, hoping they will disappear by the time you finish showering and have to head out the door.
I cried the other day. I'm not sure where it came from. I think I was just extremely home sick. I miss my parents, friends. I miss my sisters and my brothers. (I was also mad at myself for many other pathetic reasons)...I remember seeing a picture of my parents at my cousin's high school graduation pics on fb, and it started again.

Why am I even writing this.
I don't know why.
But I feel the need to.
Better yet, I'm not sure why anyone would want to read what I'm saying right now lol.
(But thanks for reading... if you're reading it means you care... so I appreciate you)
The pic below reminds me of my dad sort-of. minus the light swagger that I get from the clothes this man is wearing. lol



India Arie's Song: Good Morning ... is one that captures a lot of my everyday mornings. I find it to be melancholic, real... and it captures how my state of mind right now.
On a random note >> I started painting for the 1st time, using cotton canvases and acrylic paint... maybe one day I'll take a picture of it and post it on here. >>> I smell many more amateur paintings to come!




Strange Fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers