Thursday, August 25, 2011

so there's this book..


So there's this book... it really makes me smile.
Every time I think about it, I get less stressed... Every time I skim through paragraphs of the author's intro chapter, I smile internally to myself, and consciously try to stop myself from continuing to read it. ...Because I want to make sure that my setting is perfect before I fully take it in.

Active Child: 'Hanging On' by Ragged Words

I want to make sure I'm listening to the ideas as much as I am hearing them in my mind, and reading them with my eyes. I won't tell you the name of the book... but I will say that it is about the historical analysis of black style and black identity and how styling black diasporic identity has framed us into being who we (black diaspora) are today ...the dynamic between stories of fashioning freedom in black bodies out of ambiguity of peculiar styling and the effects it has had in the world. ... In framing our own perceptions and understanding of black identity.

This book is it.
I can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers