Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I got a feeling...



Blu - So Perfect (prod. Exile) by mmmikeyt

The other day, I woke up and I can't remember what I had to do that day but I remember walking out of the house feeling beautiful. Everything about my hair, my skin, what I managed to accomplish with my clothes, was just good. I walked outside feeling simple, not at all conceited but feeling blessed that God gave me the spirit and the body wrapped up into what is me. I felt confident in how and who I was. It was random but it was kind of cool. That feeling was like a high that lasted a couple of hours, and then it faded into the background of my being. lol...


I tried to figure out the reason behind this random feeling. Funny thing is that I don't think transitioning is the reason for it. I think I always had those moments but I just never thought about these moments, until I started to think about being. (makes sense?). It's almost like I'm looking at myself outside of myself. Strange Fruit of the week.

John Legend & The Roots "SHINE" (Re-imagined by Ahmed Sirour) by Ahmed S.




While I'm at it, I guess I could give an update on my hair: My braids are dreading. lol.. I think it's that time where it needs to come off. But I've solved the scalp situation I had going on, and my hair seems to have improved dramatically, and so has my routine. Pretty happy with it, I'm just praying that I can actually undo the dreading action that's going on under there. For some reason I have this feeling that I may be frustrated enough to just big chop before new years or something drastic and random like that, but we'll see lol.

Hocus Pocus - Mr tout le monde by Manuel Orkestar



I finally finished the 1st draft of my project. The easy fun part is coming now, and I get to enjoy my break! I found a DOPE 100 best Native Tongues songs from Complex mag! I found out Lauryn Hill is coming to Toronto a few days before my birthday!

Ran into the trailer for this movie feat. Liya Kebede, which I NEED to watch as soon as it comes out.

Desert Flower (Wüstenblume) - Trailer English from MajesticFilm on Vimeo.


And here's a mini-short film I just ran into. It's the story of a man who started his own suit company in NY. It's kinda cool.

Lessons from a Tailor. Directed by Galen Summer from Ed David on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers